• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tomken 4.5" vs RE 4.5"

floppy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I tried to search, and maybe i missed it.

I was thinking of the RE 4.5" and then saw the Tomken. Tomken is respected as a lift kit right? Does anyone have the tomken 4.5" and have comments to share? I see the kit does not come with a adjustable track bar, that may explain the $100 cheaper than RE.
Can the Tomken 4.5" allow 32's without trimming, they claim too in the ad.
thanks

You mean for only $100 more you can get what is probably the most popular lift kit in the XJ world, for very good reason?

:/

The RE 4.5 is a good kit, and a great platform to build from. Good springs, good components. Add some drop brackets and a HD trackbar/bracket/brace, and your good to go.

floppy said:
Ok I tried to search, and maybe i missed it.

I was thinking of the RE 4.5" and then saw the Tomken. Tomken is respected as a lift kit right? Does anyone have the tomken 4.5" and have comments to share? I see the kit does not come with a adjustable track bar, that may explain the $100 cheaper than RE.
Can the Tomken 4.5" allow 32's without trimming, they claim too in the ad.
thanks

www.fullsizexjgear.com

Talk to Richard.......hes the RE guyto buy from! :cheers:

only time iver ever seen tomkin is in this lame quadratec magazine they keep sending me

I've actually seen the tomken lift installed on an XJ.

It's got an RE 5.5" on it now.

Back