• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Consolation Prize.

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
For missing out on Best of the West and Big Bear this year.

fl01.jpg

And I got the shirt to prove it.

:D

--ron

Making me jealous.

Flew for the first time last year....Wish I could afford to do it enough for a license.

Nice Job.

Jump This said:
WE ARE SO PROUD!!

Rick

:moon:

hmmmmm....this could add a new dimention in 'spotting'
Yeah...I could just see him trying to squeeze that plane trough lower doran at 100mph.

Damn...That does sound fun.

Thanks guys. It's been alot of work. Funny thing, I probably have 6 or 7 hundred hours in the right seat, all before I was 10 years old. I could never see outside much, so all of my references were by instrument. The result?

I can fly great by instrument reference. As soon as I look outside, it don't go so well. :D

GSequoia said:
So when are you gonna buy a plane, cut it up, and tube it out?

My CFI caught on a couple of weeks ago. "How come all your x-country stuff is in the desert, or the Sierras?". He knows where the lakebed is now, Stoddard, Calico, Shredder, DV, etc. We did a series of emergency landing approaches over the lakebed...

Notice the drawing on the shirt he did? Ya baby, 30's on a C-172. Soft field. :D

I'm working on getting to know the guy that has the private airstrip right off the 247, a few miles from Boone Rd. Ran into him at Apple Valley. I'm thinking park the tow rig and trailer there, and get op privileges.

1 hour verses 4+ is lookin pretty good. :D

jeeperjohn said:
Congrats dude! If you need someone to do annuals on that turbo commander you're gonna buy, I'm your man!

I'm thinking about an A&P. I'll probably do tailwheel first so I can get into good short and soft field aircraft (think "lakebed"... :D), then complex, and hi perf, multi, and IR.

Looking at M20J's for my primary missions, but C-310Q's may be the ticket in the future. Of course, with the Commander, I could pretend to be Bob Hoover. :D

--ron

So Lincoln.

Were there any girls on this trip to stack rocks for you?

--ron

PS: Heard from Richard those trails were 10+ in Cedar. Right on!

No but Jennifer Little took time out from driving the moon buggy to spot and pull winch cables. :D

As far as the trails are concerned....

party1: party1: party1:

Captain Ron said:

I'm thinking about an A&P. I'll probably do tailwheel first so I can get into good short and soft field aircraft (think "lakebed"... :D), then complex, and hi perf, multi, and IR.

--ron

Careful on those lakebeds! Sometimes they look harder packed than they are! Had to rescue my buddy that decided to try it.....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Congrats on the solo. It must feel great!

Captain Ron said:

Congrats Ron. Now the captain takes on two meanings...or 3 if like Spiced Rum

saki669 said:
Careful on those lakebeds!

Congrats on the solo. It must feel great!

It looks like he had an equipment issue. If he had trimmed the wheel pants and put 13' MTR's on, it might have turned out better. :D

Thanks! It's like making Backdoor for the first time X10. I never knew I could sweat like that just sitting in a seat.

Phil said:

It's on the list now. I gotta work out the weight and balance on a couple of cases of grape juice.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
It looks like he had an equipment issue. If he had trimmed the wheel pants and put 13' MTR's on, it might have turned out better. :D

Thanks! It's like making Backdoor for the first time X10. I never knew I could sweat like that just sitting in a seat.

It's on the list now. I gotta work out the weight and balance on a couple of cases of grape juice.

--ron

Air trip, I get shotgun!

That opens a whole new avenue for wine tasting:gee:

Captain Ron said:

fl01.jpg

--ron

Congrats on the solo! Where do you fly out of? Ive had my certificate for 2.5years. Got it out of Cable (upland) airport but now fly out of french valley.

Captain Ron said:

I hate thoes big door pannels...

you need a longer brake so I dont have to grind the welds after they weld both pieces back together... :D

Back