• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heated seats no ashtray...

alwaysready

NAXJA Forum User
ok i just realized something when i was looking for a new console lid on ebay since the lock on mine is broke. then i realized i can prob just order a new lock...
only had the xj for 2 weeks now drove it only 4-5 times so far. anyways its a 2000 limited with the smokers group package and the heated seats.
smokers group means you get a cigar lighter, check, ashtray, umm have to look for it.. i looked aorund for it a few times. couldnt figure out where to throw my change so i stacked them over the letters that say PRND they seem to sit there decent.. back to the ebay console. i relaized the ashtray is supposed to be where the heated set switches are.. so no ashtray?
or did they hide it somewhere i cant seem to see it right off?
thanks for the info.
i can just order a new lock for the console right?

alwaysready said:
ok i just realized something when i was looking for a new console lid on ebay since the lock on mine is broke. then i realized i can prob just order a new lock...
only had the xj for 2 weeks now drove it only 4-5 times so far. anyways its a 2000 limited with the smokers group package and the heated seats.
smokers group means you get a cigar lighter, check, ashtray, umm have to look for it.. i looked aorund for it a few times. couldnt figure out where to throw my change so i stacked them over the letters that say PRND they seem to sit there decent.. back to the ebay console. i relaized the ashtray is supposed to be where the heated set switches are.. so no ashtray?
or did they hide it somewhere i cant seem to see it right off?
thanks for the info.
i can just order a new lock for the console right?

There is an insert that needs to be purchased. It goes in the slot directly behind the tranny shifter.

ya in that space is where the heated seat switch panel is mounted..
i just went and looked again at that space. i even pulled it out and looked under it ,no contraband :) it is where the stock ashtray should be. i was wondering if the ashtray was hidden somewhere else.. going back out to look again..
Later

you have to look pretty hard, but its in the back of your console just behind the hinge for the armrest/lid. they put it there so its also easliy gottn to by back seat drivers er passengers

LOL.
thats funny.
yep i spotted the one in the back of the console when i went back to look again..
i was tryin to figure out though how to get my arm in the back and dig out change for mcdonalds :D
so they just deleted the front ashtray for the switches looks llike
did all the xj's have the one in the back of the console?
or was it just for the heated seat/ delete ashtray models?

My 95 has 2 ash trays.

The rear one ISN'T intended to be used by front seat passengers.

I dunno about your XJ. I know it's a 2000 but...that's just strange the switches took the spot of the compartment.

lawsoncl said:
Even funnier having the ash tray behind the console in my Comanche. Good place to hid the spare key, though.

got an address or pics? I wanna make sure I break into the right one when I come out to steal it!!! :wave:

I just got my XJ ltd. It has heated seats and the ash tray is actually in one of the cup holders. It just pops in. Maybe I should say it was, since I don't smoke. I'd offer to give it to you, but I modified it to fit in a buddy's Exploder that didn't come with an ashtray either.

I never understood what an ashtray is for. That is what opening the window is for. Who the heck wants ash in a tray in their vehicles anyway?

And it's not like it polluted the environment any worse than the environment does to itself anyway...like volcanoes.....you know that ash stuff that spews everywhere? Heh.........

Isn't paper like that biodegradable?

I'm not a smoker myself but I don't mind talking about it, hell I'm even against all of these taxes on cigarettes. If somebody wants to smoke in the comfort of their own car or home that's perfectly fine, let them do it! Don't tax them through the roof for it. Although I agree smoking should be kept out of restaruants and stuff, although I am not sure if it should be kept out of bars or not......

Back on subject though :eeks1:

Back