• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Springs

MidlandXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I have an 89 4door limited. Front passengerside spring is broken. My neibour has an 86 4door with a 4.0L in it, I was hopeing to use the front springs from his for mine. I Pulled one of his off and noticed it was longer, it had 12 coils compared to my 8 or 9. Also his rear leafs have 5 leaves compared to my 3. So question is, is that normal or is it lifted or is mine different. Or something. If I use the front and rear off his will it fit on mine. :badpc:

1986 did not come with a 4.0L?

maybe it's an 87, and from what i have found, my 3 leaf springs is normal. can anyone say with knowledge that the springs from one will fit the other, front and rear?

MidlandXJ said:
can anyone say with knowledge that the springs from one will fit the other, front and rear?

They will fit if you can get them out. JIM.

Got them out and got them in! They fit perfect. Just had to go and buy 4 new U-bolt's. Almost dies cause they are almost 8 bucks apiece. But the springs gave me a nicer ride height and a reason for a little bit bigger tires.

:roll::roll::roll:
Sounds like you've got better than you had-- for 4X$8.00= $32.00-- can't get much more economical than that! How about the rest of the XJ-- free to a good home??

--Shorty:wierd::wierd::wierd:

the rest of it will just be sitting around rotting away. over 400,000 km on it. I'm not sure what to keep from it. only has engine parts, doors, axels and stuff

I'd keep the engine parts, doors, axels and stuff!!! You never know what's gonna go next, and it's nice to know you might have one at home if you need it!:wave1:

--Shorty

Back