• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Experiences with Slotted Brake Rotors

black89xj

NAXJA Forum User
1989 XJ. Use: Street, DD. Moving to an area with Very Steep and Hilly roads. Great brakes nearly essential. I've experienced some brake fade with mine. I had the rotors and pads replaced about 26k miles ago, about 18 mos.

I do some wheelin', nothing too extreme. Well, most of the time. ;-)

I am considering the SP Performance slotted rotors and SP Street Plus pads from www.raceshopper.com. Does anyone have experience with these? Are they worth it, or a waste of money? I wouldnt mind going to an WJ caliper conversion or a Vanco brake booster but thats more than I can afford.

I run drilled rotors and they work really well. I brake like a mofo going down mountains towing my trailer (WJ rotors/calipers/knuckles) and have had no problem, and no fade.

That said, I've driven 3 other XJ's with the WJ conversion and non drilled rotors, and they brake better than mine - not that mine are insufficiant, way better than stock. One other guy with the same rotors I have claims his brakes arent as good as others too..

Back