• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust

tgile512

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 99 xj sport with rustys 2" bb on it and i just ordered their cat-back with the 40 series muffler. i know you can bolt it on but would it be better to have to welded or is it not worth the money? thanks

tgile512 said:
i have a 99 xj sport with rustys 2" bb on it and i just ordered their cat-back with the 40 series muffler. i know you can bolt it on but would it be better to have to welded or is it not worth the money? thanks

trust me, it is worth the money to have it welded...I have the same setup and I coudln't get the clamps tight enough to hold it on without crimping the pipe.

HPIM0252.jpg

HPIM0253.jpg

HPIM0254.jpg

HPIM0255.jpg

HPIM0256.jpg

pretty big tires for that d-35

yes weld it up, but you may want to consider a small section of flexible pipe to allow movement without cracking or kinking if you were to drag it on something.

One of my buddies did it for free because I told him we would go wheeling if it was on. I had it on already and bolted with the clamps but it slid loose and was leaking bad. It only took him about 25 minutes to do it. I just went on a wheeling trip today and everyone seemed to like the sound.

I was going to buy a muffler, new cat, with 2.5 out and then do it all myself... but when cruising around looking for something I ran across a midas went inside and an hour later left with a 40 series, new cat, and all bent and welded 2.5 pipe for 300...

Im happy with it...

Back