• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Members in...?

GauchoMD said:
Santa Barbara County?? Just wondering...
I grew up in Carpinteria, went to UCSB but now live in N Ventura, you are welcome to come by the shop and talk jeep, got a few. RobertF on here lives in SB, really nice guy and knows way too much about jeeps, cars, motors etc, a great guy to know!

GauchoMD said:
Anybody else out there??? :)
I seem to remember a bubbajeeper(not sure?) from SB also, what are you looking for exactly?? and possibly a paradisexj(again not sure), good luck

I used to work in Goleta, kick ass on the SBYC and SBSC fleets, and occasionally be forced to hire UCSB engineering products. Does that count?

:D

Port Hueneme.

--ron

I'm in VC as well, Simi Valley

Skullvarian said:
I seem to remember a bubbajeeper(not sure?) from SB also, what are you looking for exactly?? and possibly a paradisexj(again not sure), good luck

Haha, thanks...I guess I am just looking for some of you NAXJA dudes within reasonable driving distance. I always see M&G threads all the way in OC and places like that...I'd love to go but its usually not practical. Anyway, I guess Ventura County is close enough :)

Yes, it's a bummer most of the activity is far south or north.
Face it we have to drive a minimuim of 100 miles to do any real wheeling.
The days I could go out my drive way into the Los Padres Forest and wheel mountain range after range to the 33 or the 166 without touching more than 2 miles of pavement ended long ago in the 70's. First the condors, then the Least Bell Vereo, then the Red Legged Frog, closed down the dirt Stage Coach routes I used that were built over 100 years ago.
Anyways, if you want to get together and talk Jeeps, back country, where to wheel, and/or wheel, PM me. I try to get to the mountains or the desert on a weekly basis to clear my head, friends are welcome.

RobertF

I will be moving to UCSB next month, until then I will be commuting up there every weekend to teach a SCUBA at Anacapa Dive center...looking for a place to stay.

I'll be going to Ventura Raceway by myself this Saturday night after I get done diving to watch the VRA Sprints, Midgets, Sport Compacts. If any one wantsta go let me know.

juryrigjalopy said:
I will be moving to UCSB next month, until then I will be commuting up there every weekend to teach a SCUBA at Anacapa Dive center...looking for a place to stay.

I'll be going to Ventura Raceway by myself this Saturday night after I get done diving to watch the VRA Sprints, Midgets, Sport Compacts. If any one wantsta go let me know.
I will arrive Ventura saturday afternoon to go to the races and stay the evening at the local motel and tour UCSB campus sunday............Santa(Daddy)

juryrigjalopy said:

dang, the wife and I's one year anniversary celebration this weekend, my shop is about 10 blocks from the fair grounds. Have fun guys, it is a really cool show, maybe next time.

4xSanta said:
I will arrive Ventura saturday afternoon to go to the races and stay the evening at the local motel and tour UCSB campus sunday............Santa(Daddy)

I'll be around both days if anyone wants to get together.

Rock crawling at the ship?

:D

--ron

GauchoMD said:
Hey Skullvarian, what's your name? What kind of shop do you have there in Ventura? I see your posts here all the time.

Jason
Name is Chris, we work with semiconductor process/measurement tools for $$ but have a side yard chock full of jeep stuff, got quite a few fab tools,tube bender, Lincoln PM215, plasma cutter, belt/disk sander, bandsaw, all the grinders notchers etc., got 4 xjs on the premises right now, cruise by anytime

Skullvarian said:
Name is Chris, we work with semiconductor process/measurement tools for $$ but have a side yard chock full of jeep stuff, got quite a few fab tools,tube bender, Lincoln PM215, plasma cutter, belt/disk sander, bandsaw, all the grinders notchers etc., got 4 xjs on the premises right now, cruise by anytime

Sweet! Chris is my new best friend....:gee:

yep, sure do, still has glass, mirror, latch etc. We did hack the hinges at the uni-side though, if you still have the complete hinge or you can drive the hinge pins out it is fine, have a buddy that works at aeroenvironmet, he may be able to squeeze it in his wangler if you aren't heading this way. not sure when I will see him but probably sometime this weekend. Actually he was interested in checking out the D30 you have listed, so maybe that would work out good for both of you guys.

zzyzx said:
Hey Chris!

Do you still have a driver side door?

Robert

oh yeah im in Simi Valley....work here too!

Skullvarian said:
yep, sure do, still has glass, mirror, latch etc. We did hack the hinges at the uni-side though, if you still have the complete hinge or you can drive the hinge pins out it is fine, have a buddy that works at aeroenvironmet, he may be able to squeeze it in his wangler if you aren't heading this way. not sure when I will see him but probably sometime this weekend. Actually he was interested in checking out the D30 you have listed, so maybe that would work out good for both of you guys.

Aww very cool.....ill shoot you a PM with my cell #!

Back