• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 xj 4.0 4x4 Radiator replacment

delverde

NAXJA Forum User
going to change out my radiator this weekend do i just fill the bottle or try to get antifreeze in the radiator first and do i need to bleed out air and how do you bleed the air out and how do you flush out the system any tips would be great thanks how much antifreeze should it take

Last edited:
hey mine was kinda a pain if i remember correctly.. make sure you have power/air tools makes it alot quicker to take off the million bolts around the radiator.. and the only way i found to fill up the system in any decent time is to pull off the upper radiator hose (not the radiator end) and pour fluid right down that instead of trying to put it in the overflow tank and burp it down.. then run it w/ heat on till norm. running temp(for me around 170's) turn off let cool fill more repeat repeat repeat... it took a couple of hours since you need to let it cool and depressurize.. i used premixed 50-50 which helped on time some and simplicity and then just top it off w/ reg till you get the ratio you want..hope this helps

I had a shop do mine and it was about 250.00 with labor. Seems that I went about it the right way.

Back