• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Heater Core on 98, have no FSM

ZarK

NAXJA Forum User
Hi!

I bought a Jeep 98 Cherokee after owning a 90, and then a 95 Neon (Big mistake). I'm still fixing it up, changing oils and ordering parts. I ran outta Money for the FSM, and thought, "What could happen?"

My Heater Core is leaking now! and all I have is a crappy old Haynes manual (only goes to 97), which states that I must disconnect my AC, to remove the heater core housing (Done it on my 90 already so I know it's a pain).

My Question is: Do I have to get the AC lines disconnected to get to the Heat Core?

You could bypass the heater core until you have time to get it fixed.

You will have to remove your dash to fix it.

Ya, I already Blocked it. I was just hoping for some magic party1: You know, like have this door where ya open, and then "pop" out comes a heater core.

Nuttin' to do, but bring it to the shop, and have them disconnect the ac lines, for me to do the Job :p and then bring it back for re-connection. Maybe I'll replace the rad as well...

Thank you for the Answers!

I am just in the midst of removing the dash from a junkyard 99 XJ so I can probably help you out if you need the physical mounting points and all.

Back