• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All that damn work and I grind it all off...

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
So I did all that work on my rear 1/4's and trimming and undercoating all that, and today I started grinding it off.

Here's why...

flats1.jpg

flats2.jpg

flats3.jpg

flats4.jpg

Flat fender flares baby. A little shearing, a little press brake action, some time on the Jet sander....booya! They stick out 2.25"

I just got them tacked on today, gotta get em all welded up, smoothed out, and then re-undercoated.

Goal here is to maintain some legality on the road, and give it a little uniqueness. And yes, the fronts are coming.

I like waffles.

cool

I've been thinking of making some type of tube fender protectors with removable flares for the ZJ....we'll see if it actually happens.

Looks nice. I hope they work well for you.

if you are trying to be legal, would probably be better looking at mud flaps ;)

Michael

My only concern is that it appears like you didn't take your fender trimming (folding) of the rear as far up as you can. Personally I'd go as far as I can the first time around just in case you need it later on.

Those look pretty good, man. I'm going the TJ flare route, but if I find they get trashed on the trail every time out, I'll likely look into something like you've done here.

fubar XJ said:
Those look pretty good, man. I'm going the TJ flare route, but if I find they get trashed on the trail every time out

Only if you drive like Eli and Ryan.

:confused1

Well, got it all welded on over the past couple days, I had to borrow a 110 lincoln mig with some .023 wire to get it done. The big machines at work were just burning it thru way too easily and didn't like working at low temps.

So hopefully now I can prime it up, do a little filler to smooth it out, and get it all re-coated before I leave for Olympus Rally next thursday.

Blkxjkrawler said:
Oh, and how did that replacement I picked up for you end up working Jamezzzzzzz?

I know not what you speak of.

:sad1:

Back