• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local driveline shop in PDX URGENT!!!

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
so i figured out my vibe issue tonight. it is deffinately my front shaft. took it out and wow it drives so nice again. anyway i desperately need to either fix or replace my front shaft B4 this friday so i can make the trip this weekend. i plan on calling sixstates in the morning. thought about hitting u pull it maybe after work, but figure new or letting experts do it would be better. just curiouse what else there is local that can hook me up quick.

i think it is the slip yoke? can feel just a tiny bit of slop in it. cardan joint and u joints etc all feel great.

Which way is the slop in the slip joint? You can pull it off the shaft, to check it out further. Might just want them to try and balance it first. OR, leave it out till you get to TSF, then throw it back in.

CanMan said:
Which way is the slop in the slip joint? You can pull it off the shaft, to check it out further. Might just want them to try and balance it first. OR, leave it out till you get to TSF, then throw it back in.

thats kinda my plan is to have sixstates check it out and see if maybe it just needs balanced etc... i tried to pull it (the slip yoke) off but it still seemed pretty tight, so i figured i'd leave it on rather than risk making anything worse by messing with it. it felt just a tad sloppy in the jeep, out of the jeep you can just barely feel it, so i don't know for sure if that is it. the pinion yoke felt nice and tight. i was thinking of leaving it out till TSF, but with the new TnT skid, holy crap is it hard to get to. not sure if i wanna deal with that in the dirt.

WheelinJR said:
Rod, Driveline Express.

41 NE Walker St
Portland, OR 97211
(503) 283-0383

What's wrong with it?

lil slop in the yoke is all i feel. took it to six states this morning. guy said his first impression it looked o.k. said they will try and balance it and see....waiting for the Dr.'s diagnosis. think i'm gonna hit u pull it tonight as a back up plan for this weekend. plus i will have an extra shaft that way for the front and rear for those inevitable bad days.

Back