• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94' wrangler $250 worth it?

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

My buddy is moving to Seattle and needs some extra change. He has a beat to hell 94' Wrangler that has about 160,000 miles on it, body has serious rock rash and dents, passener side floor board is rusted through, runs rough, is a 2.5L auto 4x4, ragtop has holes and is on it's last leg. Does have a newer rear axle assembly that only has about 20K on it and has a HP dana 30 front.

It runs pretty decent considering it is rough but I was thinking the only thing I would really use is the front axle since it is HP. Is it worth it? What else could be salvage and is the Dana 30 HP even worth to swap into my XJ since I have the LP and was wanting to help out the driveline angle on my 6" lift.

Def. worth it, keep the HP30 and part the rest out.

Find out what rear he swapped into it you may have found a $250 gold mine.

Wouldn't there be a lot of work to put the front end into his XJ? I mean, the YJ Wrangler has leaf-spring front, and the XJ has coil-spring front.

I'd buy the Wrangler and part it out. As for putting a HP D30 into your Jeep, I'd just looks for a rotted XJ from 95-98 to slap in. It'll be a bolt-in operation vs welding brackets onto the YJ's front axle.

:)

Just because it says wrangler on it you could probably re-sell it to some idiot for 1500. there are so many junk wranglers out there going for big money

according to your profile, you're in michigan...

I would assume that there is a fair amount of of rust on this jeep as with pretty much any 1994 vintage vehicle in your area.

Check the frame and make sure its not rusted through. If the frame has nothing more than surface rust on it, it's worth 4-500 to somebody and selling the rest of the parts are icing on the cake as far as return on this investment goes.

In my area any YJ that hasnt been totally consumed by a vehicle fire is selling for $2k or more.

If it were me, I would be all over this purchase.

in nw i cant find a wrangler under 3k unless if and i mean if its been rolled down a hill in a car fire and has no motor tranny and t-case. they are worse then toyotas for holding value. guarantee you can turn around at least two grand and just fix it up a bit and get three or four, your a lucky guy finding that deal!

I'd buy it and slap a new tub on it, you could probably turn around and sell it for alot.

thanks for the info guys, I will try to post pics tomorrow so you can actually see it and give me a better opinion.

mccastlej said:
I'm sure a guy I work with would buy it off of you for double your price.

might have to work a deal out and give you a birddog fee :)

Check the frame, look near the rear shock mounts and then get under it with a flash light and check the cross member in the back. If all that is good it's very rebuildable. With it being a 2.5 it will have 4:10's in there, it would be a really nice coversion to a 350V8 :D :D :D

mccastlej said:
Please send me some pics to [email protected]. I'll see him tonight. I don't want any fee. I've just been looking for him. He'd do the same for me.

I will still have to think about it but I won't be able to get pics to you until tomorrow late afternoon. I will post them on here as well so others can see the condition.

Back