• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noob, kinda

benni302

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ

P5082064.jpg

Since i've been on here for a few months i thought i should finally post up some pics of my xj. The wife picked it up for me for christmas for $900. So far i've pulled off the molding, removed the crappy headliner, painted the rims black, lined the cargo area and installed a cd player. Tires should be here thursday(31x10.50 15) and lift should be here soon(3" rough country).
P5061988.jpg

the rims were pretty nasty and coroded so i figured why not.

Last edited:
Looks nice, be sure to post pics after you lift it. How did you paint your wheels? They look great. I thought about buying some Gamblers off of a buddy last month. Now that I see yours I think I should have.

I did something similar with the wheels on my old wrangler, but used a 4 1/2" grinder with a sanding pad instead of steel wool, and did 2 coats of metal primer and 3 coats of gloss black. No chipping after a year and a half if you're patient with the application...

Re: My XJ

benni302 said:
P5061988.jpg

the rims were pretty nasty and coroded so i figured why not.

Good job, those wheels look nice.

Now if you want to be really trick grab a Dremil and some brass brushes. Strip the paint and polish the nuts in the wheels to a glossy aluminum shine (the brass brush works well for that).

That would look NICE.

that would be cool, but i'm kinda diggin the blacked out look- i'll probably replace the lug nuts with chrome ones.

Last edited:
Looks great man! I tried to put 31's with no lift a long time ago and it didn't work out. Congrats to you! Have fun with them!

DaveKerwin said:
I like it, it will look even better with the 3"

Thanks, i can't wait to put the lift on- i just hope i can get to it this weekend. On a seperate note, the wife said i can spend another $150 on it for now- what do ya'll think would be another good investment?

benni302 said:
Thanks, i can't wait to put the lift on- i just hope i can get to it this weekend. On a seperate note, the wife said i can spend another $150 on it for now- what do ya'll think would be another good investment?
if you plan on wheeling it:
proper tow points front and rear.
if you've already got tow points, armor.

Back