• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

buzzer question

deesiexj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a question about that irritating little buzzer that goes off when you first start up. does anyone know an easy way to disable it, short of just hacking away at random wires and hoping i get the right one? oh, its a 94 base model if that makes any difference. thanks alot guys

The fuse box under the dash against the firewall on the driver's side, has the buzzer module snapped into it, like a big fuse. Just remove the buzzer module and the sound will go away.

screwdriver, stick it in the speaker hole and twist

Rick, thanks alot. there went the single most irritating thing about my jeep. bcmaxx, valiant attempt, but not quite what i was looking for. thanks anyways though!

bcmaxx, I did as you said and now I can't hear my music! (jk)

Just remember to put it back in come state inspection time or you might not pass. We did this to my buddys 96 Dakota and he forgot to put it back in before getting it inspected, and they failed him for it.

I hated that thing too.

first, I was going to just take a BFH to it.

But instead, I just reached down and unplugged the module. It's just a removable buzzer, it pulls out like a fuse, it won't be missed.

Back