• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay shackles

919Chief

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody tried these?

a5_1.JPG

My bastard pack did not take me up quite as high as I wanted (2.5-3" over sag but only about 2" over stock), and I liked these since they have two leaf spring bolt holes so I can adjust the height. I like my rear to sit a bit higher than front, and usually carry 200-300 pounds of crap around.

I should have asked before I bought em, but oh well. I will post r4esults once I get them here and on.

These are supposed to be rough country for XJ's, not Chevy, but I did get some good info from that serach. I was just looking for anyone who has used these specific ones.

If those are the R.C. 2 inch lift shackles (can be set to 1 1/2 inches too), I have been running them for over a year with no problems. Very beefy, but cheap. Not quality cheap, just cash money cheap. I'm running a lift spring pack too and not stock leaves so I haven't noticed any damage to my leafs. Good product for a little bit of money.

i had the same problem with my bastard pack and got those exact same shackles, they brought me up to the right hieght but the only complaint i have is they are kina noisey, cheap bushings

yeah, I am actually curious about those RC shackles off ebay too. I've been kinda hesitant to buy them because of the bad rap everyone gives RC.....but a 2" shackle for like 50 bucks seems pretty sweet. And those RR shackles do "look" quite a bit beefier in the picture but they only give a 1.5" lift.....so i'm kinda at a toss up too....

just recieved my 2'' BB off ebay and it comes with those shackles... they are pretty beefy Im not worried about them failing but they arent nearly as strong as the RR shackles... but they are a little overkill if you ask me...

They seem like a good deal to me... I mean a shackle is a shackle as long as its not going to bend or break they all do the same thing (unless they are the revolver ones or specially bent) so RC will work as good as others for alot more...

Back