• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The end of the ECKSJAY? (Now with pics)

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
I ran to get glass for the WJ that got broken into...

...and rolled the ECKSJAY on his side.

Making a left turn into the parking lot of the glass shop and a Honda ran the RED light at about 50mph. He slammed on his brakes and was pointed toward my front end, so I (actually had enough time) put the pedal to the floor and 'let' him hit my back end. He spun me 90 degrees and I skidded sideways. There was enough momentum to tip me on my driver side.

Damage from what I can tell:

Driver side is TOAST. A-pillar is shoved in about 5" or so, taking out the windshield in the process. The entire drip rail is pushed in and the roof is buckled. The B-pillar is shoved inboard as well. Miraculously, ALL driver side glass is intact. The rear hatch is in two pieces and the glass all over Rainier Ave. The suspension looks fine from what I can tell. Right rear wheel is dented where he hit me, but rolls straight. Sidewall on the MT/r looks to be damaged though I won't know until later.

'Lucky' for me, this happened in front of the tow outfit who was on accident recovery rotation. They had ECKSJAY back on his feet within 10 mins of the impact. 3 or 4 guys had to keep the Jeep from tipping once it was in the side. I was able to get out under my own power and didn't hit my head or anything. My upper back and neck are sore, as expected.

It's now hitting me as I type this...

We'll have to see what the adjuster says, but the tow guys patted me on the shoulder and wanted to make sure I was expecting the worst. We'll see. I don't want him back. I just want him to die with dignity. 8 years from bone stock to very capable...there are a lot of memories there.

Crappy cell phone pics will be sent tomorrow, most likely. If I can make it to the yard with the Nikon I'll have even more.

Re: The end of the ECKSJAY?

Agghh! I hate Mondays! Glad you are (mostly) okay.

black_ribbon_300.jpg

Sorry to hear about that. I know it's a little early to be thinking about, but are you going to replace him? ECKSJAY II maybe?

That sucks, at least you are ok. You will really feel it tomorrow. Hope you will have something for NW Fest.

Screw formality...

HOLY SHIT, PHIL!!!:eek:

I am glad to hear you are alright. We are thinking about ya buddy!

Glad to hear you are ok Phil, thats the most important part. I'm in for marathon swapfest.
-Ryan

Well Feel that sucks hard...

Only one thing to do...

Back+Door+110.jpg

You know you wanna. ;)

Hope it all works out and you don't find any injuries down the road.

Sorry to hear about the accident Phil!! I hope you are ok, and you don't end up with more un noticed injuries later!!

This thread suck's without pic's ;)

Michael

Wow. Blood, sweat and tears later and it comes to this. Such a...a violent death. And by a HONDA, no less!

You're always welcome in my rig, Phil! :)

Cndlpwr said:
Wow. Blood, sweat and tears later and it comes to this. Such a...a violent death. And by a HONDA, no less!

You're always welcome in my rig, Phil! :)

Pleas say it wasn't a ricer...... That would just be the final kick in the groin.

Glad to hear your alive to tell us about,The XJ can be replaced ,haul it out to George`s ..they probably have one to swap parts to.
You don`t need doors and windows it`s summer......

Thanks everyone. Hertz has a car waiting for me that I'm picking up in the morning.

Shit I'm just so disappointed... I'm beside myself. I've never had anything like this happen to me before. :( I'll see what the adjuster says.

Marathon swap is in order, I think. :D It'll be like Monster Garage. :yelclap:

Oh, and the Honda is nowhere NEAR usable. At least mine will drive under its own power. That little thing is TRASH.

Don't settle until you make sure you are OK!!! The sucky thing about car collisions is the damage to you never leaves... hope it's minimal.

Sorry about the XJ! Hope you can recover most of it! Now is the time to do those mods you always wish you had, or regretted not doing.... err... same thing.

Good luck and take lots of pics!!!!!

Rich

That sucks. Good to hear you are ok.

ECKSJAY said:
Marathon swap is in order, I think. :D It'll be like Monster Garage.
I'm in if you need some help. I'm sure with enough people that can be done in a day.

Glad to hear you have only have bumps and bruises. Jeeps are cheap, lives are unreplacible.

Don't settle until you know the full extent of the damage to yourself and your property. Make sure that his Ins. comp gives you a fair deal. Don't let his Ins. com screw you over, make sure your Ins. comp goes to bat for you.

Buy back and move everything to the next trail machine.

BTW who is your Ins. comp?

XJourney said:
Glad to hear you have only have bumps and bruises. Jeeps are cheap, lives are unreplacible.

Don't settle until you know the full extent of the damage to yourself and your property. Make sure that his Ins. comp gives you a fair deal. Don't let his Ins. com screw you over, make sure your Ins. comp goes to bat for you.

Buy back and move everything to the next trail machine.

BTW who is your Ins. comp?

I'm with Farmers. I know better about settling. I'm certainly seeing the doc in the morning.

ECKSJAY said:
I'm with Farmers. I know better about settling. I'm certainly seeing the doc in the morning.

GREAT Farmer's will make sure you get a great settlement. I am not sure who the adjuster is down there but ours(Hans, I know another amish guy)scares the hell out of me. :firedevil

This when you need the good Ins. Companies like Farmer's and State Farm. I hope the Honda had some cut rate Ins Comp like Progressive or Gieco. I love it when good Ins. com put an azz whooping on the cut rate Ins. comps.party1:

You are in good hands my brother

Sorry to hear about you and your rig, Phil.

Hope all comes out alright at the doctors.

Best Regards.

Red

Back