• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender And Header Panel Replacement

imthehink

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing my passenger fender and header panel. Are these a staight forward install? The header panel looks like just 4 bolts holding it on. Not sure about the fender though. I installed my lift, so I know it can't be any harder than that. If anyone could walk me through it would be great. Thanks

I havent done this on a 97+ so i can only speak of 96-.

You have the 4 bolts you saw plus the brace that attaches at the top of the upper radiator support. The two upper nuts at front fender can be a bear to get at times.

The fender is pretty straightforward, but you may have to cut or grind off the bolts at the bottom rear, if they're rusty, and there's a little brace between the center of the wheel arch and the inner fender, which is riveted in, hidden by the plastic liner. Make sure you get that off before you try to yank the fender off.

Not sure if you already replaced everything, but I thought this picture might be helpful. My '98 Cherokee suffered a front-end collision, so everything up there needed replaced. The header panel is attached to the radiator support by a small piece of angle steel, but it's also bolted to the fenders.

The fenders are bolted to the inner unibody support along the hood line and door jamb. There's also a small brace on the front of the unibody that will become visible once the header panel is removed.

fender.jpg

Back