• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size for 3" lift and Bushwackers

OCMI_Teddy

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and nothing came up. I'm currently running 225/75/15 tires on my XJ with a 3" lift. However I just got some BW and I'm planning on getting them on in the next week or so. I wanted to know what size tire I should go with. The wheel/tire combo I was thinkin was 265/70/17(31.6x10.5x17) BFG ATs on 17x9 wheels with 3.75 BS.

Go with 32 X10.5 R 15 you will be happy with that. In a tire that small, you want some sidewall flex for the trails. A little more comfy.

PS, if you ACTUALLY wheel your rig, send the bushwackers back NOW. They are not for wheeling. If all you do is venture out to the Macy's parking lot, bushwackers will be fine.

PPS. Don't wheel with bushwackers.

LOL....I have a 2WD with open diff, so how much wheelin do you think I do. :D

Realisticly it's my DD so I don't want to hurt it........yet

I got the bushwackers for $150, and I like the look of them. If I was going to wheel hard I'd be goin RE 7.5", 35s and tj flares :)

31s-32s will look silly-small under bushwackers.

Search around, xjdb is good, and see how small they make 33s and 35s look.

I'm not a fan of them anyway, I say sell 'em.

Robert

When you decide to run a narrow tire (in the 10.5" range) I´ll add some wheel spacer to gain a wider stance and a better look.

btw: Don´t believe anybody who´s telling you you can´t wheel w/ bushwackers. That´s BS.

Bushwackers only come off when you hit them right. So don't hit them, too hard. I will run them but I am going to put an exo bar around them, looks and protection all in one. Go with 33"x12.50" that way when you go 4x4 you'll be ready to go. Since you are a mall crawler, you won't have many rubbing problems.

I_1BADXJ_I said:
31s-32s will look silly-small under bushwackers.

Search around, xjdb is good, and see how small they make 33s and 35s look.

I'm not a fan of them anyway, I say sell 'em.

Robert

The thing is I'm only rolling with 3" of lift so 33s would be way too big. There's another thread about trimming to fit 33s with 3". They trimmed to the point where you could see the washerfluid resivor:wow: which would be a bit too much for me.

As for the wheel spacers. I'm going to wait till I see how the wheels and tire look once I get them on.

OCMI_Teddy said:
The thing is I'm only rolling with 3" of lift so 33s would be way too big. There's another thread about trimming to fit 33s with 3". They trimmed to the point where you could see the washerfluid resivor:wow: which would be a bit too much for me.

Nah, you wouldn't have to cut that deep. Especially if you don't actually wheel it, and don't need the room to flex, 33s on 3" is very doable.

Hell, try this: Take your 'wackers with you tire shopping. Set that big plastic monstrosity on a 31" tire, and see how it looks.

I just think that my 35s a barely big enough for my TJ flares at 5-5.5 inches. If you're set on the bushwackers, I'm sure you'll fit 33's with very little rubbing.

Robert

Back