• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5 RE SF questions

skunkmere

NAXJA Forum User
i got a 96 jeep country xj and im about to get a 3.5 RE superflex from fullsize xj. do i need to do anything to my steering to accomidate this lift. what about my pinion angle? do i need some sort of shims.

Get the adjustable trac bar as well or you'll have to relocate your stock one. Pinion angle depends... some jeeps are fine others need it shimmed. Same with the SYE.

You dont really need anything else than what the kit comes with, i never needed anything and it was fine until i went up to 6 inches and i only needed pitman arm and trac bar and front shaft but i have a v6 2.8 so my rear is longer but my front end was fine

thanks guys ill get the kit and hope i dont need anything else. but ill get a backup car just in case. thanks again for your posts

Im bout to do the same thing, except the SR kit. I was told it varies wether you need to mess with the DS/SYE, and the pinion shims. Its wether u feel any vibes or not. The track bar will be worth it, as thats a common item to cause vibrations, steering issues. Good luck. What size tires u gonna run?

I have a 92 and I am think about getting the 3.5 SF lift as well. I am planning on running 33's with some major fender trimming and extended bump stops. I planned on getting a new trackbar at the same time and possibly a HD bracket to replace the stock one. I was going to hold off and see if I have any vibes before I get the DS/SYE.

I got wicked vibes on my 99 XJ when I installed my 3.5" SF kit. Definitely get the trackbar and the HD mount as well. I have the trackbar, but not the mount and the steering is not that great.

I have a 99 as well. I went from a 2 inch BB to the 3.5 sf kit, HD trackbar and mount, and sye/ front ds. It rides much better all around and the driveline vibes went away after the install of the sye and driveshaft.
I'm very happy with the kit and I would recommend allowing a good week to work on it. I'm also glad I did the trackbar and sye, just so it was all done at one time and I didn't have to drive several weeks or months with a half finished xj!
Now I have 32's on and it looks great!

I cleared 35's on 3.5" with no rubbing. Get out the saw!!!!!!!!! x2 on the SYE and driveshaft. All my vibes went away with a Hack and Tap, new driveshaft and shims.

Back