• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse Box Question

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to install an air horn as a replacement for my horn. Ive found the fuse i think that controls the horn, it is the the large black box fuse in the middle in the cabin fuse box right. Has anyone done this on their jeep, and does anyone know what each prong (five total) does? OR does somebody just have a schematic of our fuse boxes and fuses and what they do?
Kinda a long shot but thanks alot, Travis

oo7ravisXJ said:
Ive found the fuse i think that controls the horn, it is the the large black box fuse in the middle in the cabin fuse box right. Has anyone done this on their jeep, and does anyone know what each prong (five total) does?

That would be a relay... One is ground, one is line in, one is line out, one is low voltage in to trigger the switch and connect the line in with the line out to activate the horn. The center pin may or may not be used...

What horn are you trying to connect? Is it running off a tank and compressor or is it one of the autobarn deals with some sort of a direct drive on the back of the trumpet? For a simple system you may not even have to mess with the relay, just tap off the horn wire up front to activate the airhorn, but it all depends. Specifics would help.

Last edited:
oh ok sweet, ya relay was what i meant, and i have a 97 country

oo7ravisXJ said:
oh ok sweet, ya relay was what i meant, and i have a 97 country

Horn kit?

Ya, its just a couple horns with a little air compressor, the problem is is that all the instructions are in Spanish, makes things a little harder

I have the same kit! LOL! I got as far as installig the horn and compressor.
The spanish threw me of, so... I stopped there. I told my mechanic that it's a Tesla style wireless power connection and not to put his head to close to it. Cancer could result :)

Why not just splice the wire going to the electric horns for the compressor? It doesn't draw anywhere near enough to effect the load on the factory wiring or circuit protection and when you press the horn button, you get both the electric and air horns.

nah, don't make it power both. Tap off the factory horn wires and have that trip a relay open, run the power right off the battery, just in case it winds up pulling more power than you thought.

Back