• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

76 ford HP 44

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
I have read that they have cast radius arm mounts, but I was wondering if I would be able to hack through it with a plasma and grind it clean. I figure it would be OK, as long as there is tube under the mount. I have also read that the 77-79 or something like that have the cast mounts w/o tube under the mounts, so you cannot cut them off w/o re-tubing the axle. anyone done this? I am not going to use the stock radius arms, I just spent 500 bucks building arms.

I just want to know if this will be alright to do, I am getting a killer deal on this.

Last edited:
There are rare '78-79 axles with the welded on mounts...I know because I had one...never saw one prior to nor since. It was from a '78 bronco.

you cant hack off the cast mount, its actually cast as part of the tube so when your looking at that diamond shape that IS your axle tube.

Back