• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some help

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
So my dad gave me his XJ, I was going to drive it home yesterday, got on the freeway ok but soon found out that it wouldnt go any faster than about 50. So towed it home and started playing with it cleaned out the TB and it ran great, but still wouldnt get up to speed. Posted in OEM tech was suggested there that I get a multi meter and check the TPS tried changing the adjustment. I tired that drove it around a little parked it now it wont start everything is connected cranks but no fire.

Wondering if anyone in the area wouldnt mind lending a hand trouble shooting. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Paul

my week is busy, but i might be able to run through the canyon and help you out.....

any time is appreciated. i'll be sure to return the favor come payday. Or trade I got some stuff laying around.

Thats what I was thinking too....

the cat is only a few months old.

hey man ill be in sanberdoo this weekend so ill tell you what, we can get that thing running then we can pick up that steering colmn while were at it.

Ive also got a multimeter and another throttle body that has all the sensors attached still so if we need to swap any of them out.

just an odd ball thought...

you arent in low range are you?

Hey ben that would be awsome

Ok so itis going crank crank crank crank craaaaaaaaaaaaaaank but no fire. Whats that mean smart guys?

usually CPS. Look near the back of the engine over the intake manifold for a 3 connector plug with two wires in it. Unplug it, plug it back in, and try starting.

Check your fuse in the fuse box under the hood. I was installing the jet performance chip between harness and ECU and blew the fuse. It might be that.

i had a clogged cat and had the EXACT problem just because it has a new cat doesnt mean the exhaust isnt restricted... mufflers can get clogged too (from what i understand)
and the no fire... do you have spark?
hope all works out...

Well spent the day with dumptruck after multipal electrical shocks to the help sorry bout that ben lol. We discovered that I have an intermentant loss of spark and a really weird noise that is coming from the coil/module. I checked the cps it is within range according to the book. Saw in the OEM section that someone had the same type of problems and it ended up being the starter relay. Other possible coulpret is the ignition module. Still scatching my head.

Back