• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

header year differences?

alwaysready

NAXJA Forum User
ok well heres the deal.
last week bought my 00 limited and befroe buying the guy told me ohh i put this stuff on because it was leaking, and the repair shop told me it would be 500.00(assuming header replacement) to fix it. shop recommended he jbweld it which he managed to accompish on his own(amazed me,not a technical guy at all).
so it looked like it was a cracked header flange in the front cylinder. so need to plan ahead for a header swap.
but looking at quadratecs catalog they show the borla going from 93-97. now i know that the body change over was in 97 so if it covered that far whats with the differenr year? and the rugged ridge header from 91-99 and i saw an ebay listing that showed form 91-99. so whats the difference in years?
and any header recommendations..?

ok now going to borla .com they have one for a 97 but not a 98-99 but they have one for a 2000, nevermind it says catback.
so there are differences.

Last edited:
The factory changed to a 2-piece exhaust manifold. The late model head pipe has 2 flanges on it. Thats the difference.

Banks is the only company that makes a header to fit the 00-01 style exhaust....

Rugged Ridge manufactures an equal length, dual outlet header that will fit a 00 Cherokee. I've never found any reports on their products, so you may be a trailblazer on this one.

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/145_148_150/products_id/27711

Pacesetter also makes a dual outlet for the 00-06 wrangler, the outlets appear to dump out at the correct angles. But I've heard plenty of complaints about thei r weld quality, and flaky paint.

Back