• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Pack

Chero-King

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching, "XJ Leaf Pack" "XJ Bastard PacK", etc. but all I come up with is s10, blazer, and dakota packs. I have an extra set of stock leave's and I want to make a pack using that and the leave's that are on the jeep now.

A couple questions...

I know S-10's give around 4.5"s,
So what would 2 XJ packs give? around 3"s?

Also, I'm excpecting it to be stiffer but is it going to be horrible? Im not worried that much if it is, I'm running F-150 coils up front so I'm used to a stiff ride anyway.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm for an XJ main leaf AAL.

Also depends on how many S10 leafes you use, you should see more around 3" of lift or so with a cut down S10 main leaf. More = more lift.

Im building a bastard pack now, using a stock main and second XJ leaf. I'll have it done Saturday, so I'll note down what it gives me.

S10 and DakPaks are from sprung under rigs.... The XJ is sprung over... that means that the XJ leaves have less arch to them that the S10 and DakPaks

Less arch = less lift

With extra XJ leaves you will get some lift and more stiffness than you would get with S10 or DakPaks.

Not that you will be unhappy with it but....S10 and DakPaks are better suited for what we tend to do... High flexy lifts... and even better than the Bastard packs are the commercial full leaf packs.

12GaugeXJ said:
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm for an XJ main leaf AAL.

Also depends on how many S10 leafes you use, you should see more around 3" of lift or so with a cut down S10 main leaf. More = more lift.

Im building a bastard pack now, using a stock main and second XJ leaf. I'll have it done Saturday, so I'll note down what it gives me.

Yeah I thought thats what I'd get from S-10's, But I'll be using two XJ leaf packs, what should I excpect with those, lift wise?

I used the top 2 leaves out of another stock XJ pack in my saggy pack. I got around 2.25-2.5" of lift about a year ago. It has settled to just over 2", I added an MJ Shackle for .75" more lift to clear my tires.

I LOVE how well it flexes & it rides 100% better than my stock pack did IMHO.
Here is a pic of my "new" leaf pack from right after I added the shackle:
reardrivers.jpg

Here's my "Awesome" flex, lol:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/jfiscus/89 Jeep Cherokee/STUCK.jpg

What are you planning on doing for the front end lift-wise to match your new rear?

Thanks for the reply jfiscus, thats exactly what I wanted to know.
jfiscus said:
What are you planning on doing for the front end lift-wise to match your new rear?

I already have around 4"s all the way around, using f-150 coils +2" spacer, with stock leaves with blocks for the rear. I really just want to stiffen up the rear and get rid of the blocks.

Back