• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frustrated... 34mm Socket

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
So I've spent the morning around my house searching for a 34mm socket for my axle nut. Finally replacing fr wheel bearing. I wasn't able to find one. The only option I did find was to order a full set of SK impact sockets for 165 bucks. So I figured I would suck it up and look on the SnapOn website no luck. Any ideas where I could find one around San Diego. I've seen them on ebay. Trying to only use that as my last option to buy junk.

5150xj said:
I got mine at sears.

That's funny, because I went to the sears essentials and called the sears in chula vista. Same situation, no single socket. Only available in a set

34mm....what kind of axle nut? my dana 30 has a 36mm......I think they are all 36mm unless you have something else other than a dana 30

xjjeeper19 said:
34mm....what kind of axle nut? my dana 30 has a 36mm......I think they are all 36mm unless you have something else other than a dana 30
x2

Got mine at tool world.

GrimmJeeper said:
any napa can order you any socket singly.

Good point I give them a call tomorrow. I've been to Kragen, Autozone to parts store on base. They seem to look at you stupid and send you to home depot. Just to verify, that is a 34 mm socket to remove the axle nut???

I have a 36mm socket that I use...mine are 36mm, and so is just about every other jeep I see.....make sure before you buy it.....I'm positive it's a 36mm..

Justin

Now everyone has got me thinking where I got the number 34 at. Well that sucks if I've been on a wild goose chase.

XJsurf said:
So I've spent the morning around my house searching for a 34mm socket for my axle nut. Finally replacing fr wheel bearing. I wasn't able to find one. The only option I did find was to order a full set of SK impact sockets for 165 bucks. So I figured I would suck it up and look on the SnapOn website no luck. Any ideas where I could find one around San Diego. I've seen them on ebay. Trying to only use that as my last option to buy junk.

I think I've got one you can borrow out in the agrage...if you want to drive up to Pendleton.

Thanks everyone. I spent the night searching and I don't know where I got the 34mm at, but its a 36mm for the axle nut. I'll go pick one up after work tomorrow.

I picked mine up from Pep Boys. They didnt have stock on some of the larger sockets and I just had to come back after a week or so and they had one available again. Sears does sell SINGLE sockets especially for the larger applications.

It's a 36mm, Sears, or like I did, Pat's Tools on El Cajon in El Cajon. Something like 6 bucks for the socket.

Back