• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1k question which lift kit

skunkmere

NAXJA Forum User
1k question which lift kit
whats up everyone, im a jeepforum triator as they have fallen off since i was a member. i saved all my pennies and got some money for a lift as my rear leafs are completely flat. i dont want to do AAL becasue i think its not as good as a new full pack. i was looking at the rubicon express 3.5 because i dont want to go too big as to use a expensive SYE. i live in chicago and the cops suck. and i am a daily commuter and gas prices suck. so my questions:

1. if i get the RE 3.5 w/ spring pack, do i need a sye kit?
2. is there a better kit that i could use that is less expensive and will give me the same results?

on my 91 i have a 3.5RE SF with no SYE and i have no problems

do you guys think the 3.5 re is the way to go. does their kit supply everything i need or do i need to get other parts?

i have one. i like it. i might make a suggestion tho. if you want an adjustable tracbar and upper and lower adjustable control arms, get the superfelx 4.5 with the shorter coils. its a better deal. all you need is a spacer if you want to go higher as it uses the same leaf pack, with the exception of a longer shackle. as far as buying goes, get in touch with fullsizexj on this site. awsome guy to order with, best deal too.

Waaay better. I got my 4.5 Superflex from him with a HD SYE from AA together for about the price that the site advertises before shipping

dunno about thru this fullsizexj guy, but when i purchased the re 3.5sf for a buddies commanche, it came with the re shocks.... and at a much better then msrp price... it ships from RE, so the reseller BETTER give you a good price... they did absolutely nothing to earn a cut

the RE kits are pretty complete.... just add beer...
besides possible tool related purchases... or if you break something.... it's complete....

the RE website can DEFINATELY be beat pricewise... AND you still get free shipping.... and quick shipping at that.... mine came in less then 4 days

oh, and im also running the re 3.5 SF on a 90 xj, no sye/tcase drop/shims

runs great to me!

i want to thank everyone for thier help, im very confident that i can handle this upgrade, again you guys are awesome and this forum is numero uno

Back