• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Engine Webpage

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.precisionengine.com/rebuilt-engines/jeep-amc/index.html

i went to this page and it looks like a rebuilt engine is only 899 with a core of 250....sooo...wondering if you all have ever dealt with them...my engine still runs but she is tired....i dont have the money or time to stroke it when ic ould just swap out with one of these....

i have been lookin around the net and they are the cheapest price..i just wonder if that reflects quality though

hmmm this looks good. lemme no what happens with this and your outcome cas I will be looking for a new engine to swap in soon and with tha price if it truly is a new engine then i seems like a good price to me. keep me posted.

after reading on the page it seems they are remanned but still for that price.....

i swap diesels on our generators at work all the time....pretty mechanically inclined...but i was readin on thier "installation tips" and they talk about some stuff on there that i have no idea about....

yup it says there rebuilt and then there only $900?? kinda cheap but if there good engines then sweet. i was looking around there page and it shows they also sell the rebuild kits and then they sell stroker engines for 2 grand. anyways lemme no if you buy one of those rebuilt engines.

I am from the school of " if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is." So be careful. If you do go this route let all of us XJers know how it turns out.

Good luck :patriot:

yeah i have about the same feelings about it....the too good to be true part...cause that is WAY cheaper than anything i have found on the net

*thinking...do i really wanna be the lab rat for this?* lol:wow:

i just got this email from them this morning after i had asked the following on the form on their page
1. how much total is it?
2. shipping?
3. what comes with it? any accessories or is it just a block...

We offer a premium long block (P/N ) for $ plus a $
deposit on core return. One way freight is $200.00.

This engine features all new internal parts, pistons, piston rings, cam
bearings, main and rod bearings, timing set, freeze plugs, rear main seal,
oil gallery plugs, lifters, camshaft (in some cases a remanufactured cam is
installed) complete gasket set, oil pump and valvetrain installed. The heads
are surfaced, new guides and seals installed, and are finished with 3 angle
valve seats. Crankshafts are reground and micropolished to factory specs.
The motor is pretested for compression, oil pressure and oil flow before
leaving the factory.

All Precision extra long blocks include a 12 month/unlimited mileage
"Limited Warranty." For details please check our homepage.

Thank you for your interest,

Carl Ricks
Sales & Support
PrecisionEngine.com
800 275 7371 ext 109

Last edited:
alright...a couple of hours after i posted that email they sent me a guy calls from there....really nice guy.....told me all about the things they do to the engine....*most of which you can just read on thier page*

the only thing that didnt sit right with me is i told him i was REALLy interested in a stock replacement and he was hell bent on trying to sell and tell me about thier 1999.00 stoker...not a bad deal but....i kept telling him not interested and he wouldnt shut up about it.....

anyhoo....i am still dabblin in the idea of gettin the stocker from em...but i dont know....he seemed honest enough about the things he did tell me about the stock one....who knows

yeah well thats all i would get also is a stock motor...no need for a stroker for me. Anyways let me no what happens if you order the stock engine...it is a complete stock engine right sent to your door?? l0l. All you gotta do is swap it in for you old enigne? Well let me no what happens.

Don't forget to open the Yellow Pages and call a rebuilder in your own city. I'm sure there are quality companies in Wichita; you won't have to pay shipping.

240 hp seems to be a bit lacking for a 4.7L stroker IMO

OCMI_Teddy said:
240 hp seems to be a bit lacking for a 4.7L stroker IMO

thats what i told the guy on the phone when i talked to him...seems like they just bored it out and slapped it back together....240 seems low but i have never built a stroker so....what would i know....lol

4.7 should be up at around 270

Jim Mesthene said:
Don't forget to open the Yellow Pages and call a rebuilder in your own city. I'm sure there are quality companies in Wichita; you won't have to pay shipping.
I live in KC and when I called around they wanted upwards of $2000 to do the rebuild, Now this was with them pulling the engine also. Just seemed too high for me.

Back