• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted

rabbit

NAXJA Forum User
Well i got the lift and wellit seem to go more than 4.5 more like 6and now the emer brake cable is way to stetch out the lift came with brake line ex and new shock 4 to 6 and coil springs in front and newleed in back butnothing for the e brake what can i do front brake had ex and seem to be fine but not back and well i have 8 inches from tire and fender in the back will i still have to cut thanx duane

Re: lifed

you should be able to loosen the nuts on the E brake where it attaches up in the trans tunnle and adjust it. pull it up about 4 clicks and tighten the nuts back down till its nice and snug.

rabbit said:
Well i got the lift and wellit seem to go more than 4.5 more like 6and now the emer brake cable is way to stetch out the lift came with brake line ex and new shock 4 to 6 and coil springs in front and newleed in back butnothing for the e brake what can i do front brake had ex and seem to be fine but not back and well i have 8 inches from tire and fender in the back will i still have to cut thanx duane

Hey Duane,
There is this little button you can click on that says "preview post". You might want to use it to make sure whatever you're posting makes sense. I have read this 3 times, and the only thing I can tell you is that the above post makes no sense. You might try to use a little more punctuation, a lot less drugs, and lot more sleep before you post again. That is all.

i was going to reply back on how rude the last two comments were on poor duanes situation. i was thinking hmm camano island sounds like somewhere off of africa or something. but i found it in the northwest after a quick googly search. so i'm gonna have to agree with the last two. and take mojojojo's advice and readjust your ebrake.

Grab a long 14mm socket and do as Mojo suggests. Should work out fine. If it doesn't you can buy ebrake cable extentions off Ebay. Your lift will settle to 4.5" and I think your rear should be "fine." Don't quote me on that.

Depending on your year, you should be able to get a pair of Jeep Wrangler (YJ, 87-95) RIGHT SIDE e-brake cables and put them on. They're cheap and about 18" longer than the stock XJ ones. ;)

If you have an older XJ you can also move the sheath mount further back with some 1" angle. I moved mine back right where the pan rounds back up for the rear hatch area, basically right behind the rear seats. Gave me plenty of extension. Then a barrel nut and some metric threaded rod to extend the adjustment rod.

Back