• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Towing w/ my 2000 XJ problem

snowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ w/ 5inches of lift, 32" at's, 4.10 gears, sye, transfer case drop, extended end links. Ok now the problem, when towing my landscape trailer I get a moderate vibration in the front end. The trailer is 2500-2700 pounds loaded. I tried moving weight towards the rear to eliminate tongue weight but then it bucks. Could it be because the rear drops 1.5 inches with trailer on. And by the way its fine without the trailer. I also tried removing the front drive shaft. Did not help.

I would recheck the front end and insure it is very tight from lift. Lose parts are a common reason for vibes after a lift. Check for worn and/or damage parts. Replace as needed. Is the air up in tires? Was an alignment done after the lift was installed? If not now would be the time to get it done. Do take it to a shop that works with lifted 4WD if at all possible. I hear short arm lifts over 4 inches can be a little picky to. The above steps will clear up 99.9 % of vib problems.

Back