• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard 3" with flat stock

CO_crawler

NAXJA Forum User
hey there tryin to figure out which packs I would need to get 3-3.5 inches with my flat completely sagged stock leafs. I am thinking about the S10 packs maybe the two middle leafs with my main XJ stock leaf. Havent found much on Timmays thread about using sagged stock leafs as a starting point. Thanks!

E-bay

E-bay has some Pro-Comp leaf packs for $189. I hear bad things about their AAL , but nothing bad about the full packs. They have a built in shim also.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-5-Pro-Comp-Rear-Leaf-Springs-84-01-Jeep-XJ-Cherokee_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ013QQitemZ230124346383QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The reason I suggest this is I have built numerous Bastard packs and they all sag at some point. Then I look at these guys in my club who have had the same leaf packs for years, why because they bought full packs.
RE has real nice ones, I just bought a set of those, but that was $350. Man they flex out good though.
Good Luck !

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/571000-571999/571312_174_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/571000-571999/571312_175_full.jpg

Last edited:
I've been told that you can add a leaf from a Cj pack to make up for sagging stockers. Never tried it though

jbmoose said:
I've been told that you can add a leaf from a Cj pack to make up for sagging stockers. Never tried it though
Without adding lift? I just went back to stock height--actually they're sagging about a half- to three-quarters of an inch, which is why I wonder.

i just used leafs out of a chevy astro van. with rustys 3 inch coils the back now sits a tiny bit higher than the front. i cut off the eyes like timmay did at first and they just about took up the whole main leaf. if you use these leafs, just make sure they are the metal and not fiberglass leafs before you buy them. you can tell because the fiberglass is a unileaf. my leafs had 3 leafs per side. just be ready to drill out the centering hole on your main leaf. good luck

I think that I am going to go with s10 leafs and try using my main leaf and leave out the main on the s10's I am also gonna get some OME 3" front coils and some DT shocks for now. I will have to go around and find the s10's first.

Mutant_Xj said:
I'd add the main leafs and cut off the eyes. Mine the leaves bend right where the second leaf ends.

Really. The 2nd leaf on my XJ ends only about 2" short of the shackle end of the XJ main and even with the body mount end. It has yet to show signs of bending around a year later.

tgoff said:
Really. The 2nd leaf on my XJ ends only about 2" short of the shackle end of the XJ main and even with the body mount end. It has yet to show signs of bending around a year later.

You mean the second leaf off of the s10 that you added to your main xj?? I really dont want to have to run a SYE but can swing a tc drop if needed but want 31" Trxus MT's again, good price great traction and stability when hitting major trails in Crested Butte in my OL TJ.:skull2: Planning on OME 3" and maybe mx6 shocks too. Adj jks track bar and quick discos.

ideas thoughts?

Thanks again

CO_crawler

Crawlin slow in CO

Back