• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please educate me on the Tera Highsteer knuckle

BlueGerbil

NAXJA Forum User
I´m running 7.5" of lift on my XJ w/ 35" tires. Rear 8.8, front rebuild Dana 30 HP.

I just installed the Currie trackbar and their steering kit.

Now I´m thinking about getting the Tera Highsteer knuckle but didn´t quite understand, how it works. So I´ve some questions:

• It goes on the passenger side of the D30 and raises the steering - but what do I do on the driver side to get the steering above the OEM knuckle?
  • Does it work with the Currie steering, which is a direct replacement of the OEM setup, only beefier?
Thanks!

BlueGerbil said:
I´m running 7.5" of lift on my XJ w/ 35" tires. Rear 8.8, front rebuild Dana 30 HP.

I just installed the Currie trackbar and their steering kit.

Now I´m thinking about getting the Tera Highsteer knuckle but didn´t quite understand, how it works. So I´ve some questions:

• It goes on the passenger side of the D30 and raises the steering - but what do I do on the driver side to get the steering above the OEM knuckle? ream the top of the knuckle for one ton ends :D. I went heims, you can also get those goferit tie rod flip inserts
  • Does it work with the Currie steering, which is a direct replacement of the OEM setup, only beefier?no, but i picture you could just leave the drag link mount empty and run your currie steering to the lower passenger mount to the driver side, but that would be useless
Thanks!

to run the tera, you will have to get new links and a new track bar mount to raise it with drag link. that would leave your new TB too short as well.
read the thread directly under this one about higher steering for 8" lift.

Thanks, guys! :wave:

I see that that´s no "bolt on" thing, so I think I´ll run the Currie setup this summer and see how it works. If there will be any issues, I´ll think about the high steer thing again...

BlueGerbil said:
I see that that´s no "bolt on" thing, so I think I´ll run the Currie setup this summer and see how it works. If there will be any issues, I´ll think about the high steer thing again...
good idea. JohnJohn runs the currie set up with 10" lift so i think that your rig will do just fine on and off road.

RyanM said:
good idea. JohnJohn runs the currie set up with 10" lift so i think that your rig will do just fine on and off road.

Agreed, with the angle they put on the drag link you can really get away with alot using that setup. It's solid, you shouldn't have any problems. If you haven't already, throw a flip insert on there and call it good.

Back