• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shocks maybe??? please help

boynamedsue

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I've been searching for about two hours with no luck.

vehicle: 99 4door, 4.5 RE springs, 1'' shackle TNT Customs long arm,
Procomp ES 3000 shocks.
situation: handles good on/offroad with one exception. It has a really harsh
rebound in the rearend when hitting speedbumps (and the like) at
any speed. with speed it will actually send the rear airborn.
so will new shocks help this? Maybe something with a stiffer/softer valving. I would really appreciate any advice.

im having the same problem man and im possitive its your shocks what shocks are you using? and is it alot from the rear? got alot or solutions for you just need ur info

yeah i bought the shocks seperate. they're Procrap ES 3000's I've never been happy with Procomp stuff but they were cheap and I thought hey it's just shocks. I've lived with them for awhile but the wife's really pissed that I haven't fixed it yet. please help, thanks

Do the shackles freely rotate (i.e. are they torqued to spec)? If not, I had that problem and it did the same thing you're describing, even with Bilstein 5150s. The leaves are a lot harsher than coils anyway, but not having shackles torqued properly (they should rotate with the leaves)makes them ride like a tank.

Well, if you unbolt the shocks and drive it see what it does. If the problem goes away, then its the shocks. If not, then its probably your rear springs.

Back