• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UPGRADES

jsolorza

NAXJA Member #1632
so i bought an AA sye and Rustys 4.5 lift with adj upper and lower i have the 44 sitting in the garage and i'm cutting some control arm skid measurements 4x5" I'm thinking of putting the front driveshaft in the rear so i only have to carry one spare ( just throwing it out for the critics this should be fun)

Try breaking up your posts with an occasional "enter" or punctuation mark...

Hinkly likes the "!" where I am more a fan of the "..."

It makes them easier to read and understand...

From what I gather, you own a Cherokee, have a rusty 4.5" lift, have a SYE, have 44 bottles of beer in the garage, and are trying to cut your arm off 4" or 5" at a time, and want to move your front shaft into someone's rear...

XJ_ranger said:
. . .and want to move your front shaft into someone's rear...

Welcome to California! The land of fruits and nuts . . . where the fruits pick YOU! :D

I PM'd you back. FYI, if you got the complete kit, you should get different shocks because they are stiffer than riding in a model-T, especially without dropbrackets.

did you get a new rear driveshaft too? I'm a little confused on what yer doing there.

From what I gather, rather than buy a different shaft for the rear, he'll be using the front double cardan CV shaft off another cherokee in the rear. In that sense, he can carry one shaft and be able to replace either shaft if one snaps.

My suggestion, however, would be to get a beefier rear shaft and carry a spare front shaft, even if the beefy shaft snaps, you can still throw in the spare front to get you off the hill.

Back