• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alignment

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
Does anyone know of good alignment shops in riverside. I'm getting a bad wobble on freeway when i hit a little bump it feels like the front end is coming off. trac bar felt tight
99 xj
5.5" lift with 33's

The Firestone on Market by University. They have lifetime alignment for like $130 bucks or something. They use the newer style with the paddles too so you know it gets done right...

if you want to come all the way out here i got a buddy that will hook it up for 50 bux (unless you need parts) :D its a family shop hes been doing alignments since he was a little kid and he'll do everything from lowered imports to skyjacked 18 inch lifted full size pickups. he does em on the side for cash after they lock up and papa goes home lol

WTF? I swear I just drove by it last weekend and saw cars on the lifts and greasy people standing under them...

Grimmjeeper, if you dont mind, I might take you up on that offer. I made a new drag link, and just used a tape measurer to do a temporary alignment, but I need to made another drag link, hopefully this weekend. After that I would like to get it checked to make sure the tires are aligned. I'll align it the best I can then let them do the rest. Let me know if they can do it and how much they would like. Thanks.

etaniyani said:
Grimmjeeper, if you dont mind, I might take you up on that offer. I made a new drag link, and just used a tape measurer to do a temporary alignment, but I need to made another drag link, hopefully this weekend. After that I would like to get it checked to make sure the tires are aligned. I'll align it the best I can then let them do the rest. Let me know if they can do it and how much they would like. Thanks.

you just gotta take it to him and he'll do it i dunno what he'll charge ya but he hooks it up. lets talk after big bear, i'll give you his number we can go over there.

the stablizer just covers up a problem, I need to find the problem a fix it. the stablizer is fine.

explorerxj said:
check you steering (staberlizer) that will cause it to shake when you hit a bumb high speed, and go from there

it should rotate on the tierod ends, but not move back and forth if that makes any sense to you lol... you should be able to turn it a little bit, but not be able to move it side to side.

GrimmJeeper said:
it should rotate on the tierod ends, but not move back and forth if that makes any sense to you lol... you should be able to turn it a little bit, but not be able to move it side to side.

Like Grimm is trying to say...

If you grab it, like you might grab your... OK, let's try again... Grab it and wrap your fingers around it with your thumb pointing to one TRE or the other. You should be able to twist it in the direction of your fingers, but NOT be able to shake it in the direction of your thumb....

bburge

Got it, I can rotate it back/forth about 1/4" and side to side is tight.
still trying to figure out wobble at 60mph feels like the front end is coming off.
I looked at the wheels when it was shaking and the wheels were shaking quite a bit. maybe just needs an alignment.

Lay under it and have someone turn the wheel back and forth. Watch each joint. You should be able to see slop in the linkage, as one part will move while the other one stays still.

mgt said:
tried that. Everything looks good . i have the currie steering setup.

i have the same problem but stock steering, and all new tie rod ends. it started when i put on my swampers. those damn things wont balance for shit. i just deal with it until i can get someone to throw the airsoft pellets in there for me.

Also, check to see that your trackbar and your draglink are close to parallel.

It might be time for a drop pitman arm if you don't have one. The need for this is usually called "bump steer" and is a bobble in the steering when you hit a bump.

bburge

They seem to be parallel.
2537342180047354999S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2272035080047354999S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back