• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reamer???

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I order the 4 tierod ends at a local parts store. Today I gonna order the 1 ton tie rod and draglink from JCR. Does anybody know where I can get the tapered reamer for a good price at???

afcoracing.com Just make sure you get the one with the proper taper. They make a few different ones. Should be cheaper than Snap On...

bfred said:
afcoracing.com Just make sure you get the one with the proper taper. They make a few different ones. Should be cheaper than Snap On...

When mentioning taper just use the sizing on JCR website???

rockwerks said:
that one sucks. wont last worth a crap.

Well, I don't plan on doing mass installs or reaming EVERY hole on my jeep. I'm confident it will last for the three holes I need reemed. I bet it will even work for a few more down the road when I have to replace the tie rod that would need to be tapered.:thumbup:

rockwerks said:
yep thats the one Ive used for 5 sets of knuckles now...........broke at the hole for the handle first use, ground down the sides and have been using a die T handle since

Sounds like it's lots better then the snap on tool... :doh: (sorry, i couldn't help it. :looney: )

So, it's not really necessary to use a drill? You did it by hand with a T handle?

Jeep914x4 said:
Sounds like it's lots better then the snap on tool... :doh: (sorry, i couldn't help it. :looney: )

So, it's not really necessary to use a drill? You did it by hand with a T handle?

dont use a drill or drill press do it by hand too easy to screw it up

I've never done a knuckle, only pitman arms. It was easy to clamp the arm to the drill press table, knuckle may be a different story. I wouldn't use a drill, but a drill press would be fine if you can get the knuckle to set straight. By hand works to, but the way a reamer work best is slow rpm and heavy feed. good luck!

HilltopXJ said:
I've never done a knuckle, only pitman arms. It was easy to clamp the arm to the drill press table, knuckle may be a different story. I wouldn't use a drill, but a drill press would be fine if you can get the knuckle to set straight. By hand works to, but the way a reamer work best is slow rpm and heavy feed. good luck!

works best under 100 rpm and light pressure . Ive done 5 sets it is way too easy to get the depth TOO DEEP. I do em by hand and it usually only takes several minute to do each (under 15)

I interested in Xkuts reamer, but I like the hand method rockwerks was mentioning. I only wonder can a use a t-handle with the Xkuts reamer??

Back