• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KYB Shocks

canadian_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, don't know if this has been asked and I coundn't find it using search: Anybody have any experience with KYB brand shocks?
I am looking at the gas-a-just model.

Any thoughts?

Oh, I will be putting them into a '91 with a 2" lift.

Thanks alot!

They are a little stiff like all gas shocks like Bilsteins.Back in the old days of Class 1 unlimited we used to run a total of 24 Bilsteins to keep up with things(that was then,things are different now)!!

Are there any NON-GAS shocks available for XJ's?

I've only had one set of KYB shocks in another vehicle, and I was NOT overall impressed. Many of the comments I've heard about them in other vehicles puts them pretty much in line with every other brands of shock of equivalent price. Some a little better, some a little worse.

I'd think they would be better than the $20 bargain shock at your local auto store, but equal priced Sensa-Track? I'm sure some will agree and other disagree.

I put on $50 apiece Tokico Shocks I ordered online. I like them, just the right balance of firmness and smooth ride. When I posted that, I got at least 3 responses saying the Sensa-Trac was exactly the same, and they are roughly the same price.

Back