• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Sport Feeler

MjTjNJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I've had it with near $3.00 gas prices, which are only going to get worse after labor day. I have a very clean 2000 XJ Sport, Patriot Blue (4.0/AW4).

The good:
72000 miles 2nd owner - clean carfax - recalls done
fanatical oil changes, recent trans filter/fluid change (<1000 miles)
new CD/MP3 player with remote
<1K miles on Platinum plugs
Air Hog filter
New Gabriel shocks <2K miles
new cat back exhaust <500 miles 2.5" from Jegs
recent Michelin tires (10-15000 miles). Grab great. Raised whites facing in.

what it needs:

-L front speaker does not work. I'm sure it's a kinked wire in the door jamb, I just haven't gotten to it. If it's really important to the buyer, I will dig in and fix it.

-AC does not work. The compressor will cycle when I jumper it, it's not functioning properly. I suspect a leak, but do not know what is wrong. I was going to have this tested/repaired before I started thinking about selling the vehicle.

-L front window works perfectly, grinds on full closing. I was told this was a "backyard fix" of some kind, and it does work fine, and close all the way; I've learned how to close it and have only one tap instead of a grind. Not a big enough deal for me to bother with it, but it bears mentioning.

-Rear bumper endcaps painted over in blue! PO did not like the black bumperettes, had someone paint them blue. It's peeling from the left one. I would take them off and strip them, or just replace them with used black ones. Otherwise, the body is in good shape.

I'd like to get $7500 out of a low mileage XJ like this. I can post a couple of pictures if anyone is in reasonable distance to NJ and interested. With gas prices what they are, I drove this vehicle like the little old lady from Pasadena, never off-roaded it, and did a lot of interstate back and forth. It is mechanically sound, and there isn't a bit of rust on it. Few minor nicks, but no dents, no rust.

Back