• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TeraFlex 2" Lift installed, axle unaliggned!!

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
okay i put in my rear shackles, sits great rides great. put in my front coil spacers, unbolted the lower control arms so it'd be easier to put the coils back in. everythings in coils/spacers and stuff but now i cant get the lower control arms dead on to put a bolt through them, it seems my axle needs to move forward (same direction of the vehicle, hood=front, hatch=rear) it needs to go more towards the front for the holes to line up, any advice here?

2" teraflex coil spacer, stock coils

I used the stock bottle jack and put it with the back against the unibody and the top on the axle tube and it pushed it forward and down a little bit if you need pics I can post some later but once you get the jack in there it is pretty self explanitory. I love the stock jack it has helped me get numerous things on my XJ in place and I will never get rid of it

yep, get a strong friend to help, your axle will need to roll forward - or maybe a rachet strap and something secure to hook it to...lol...

So it's pretty common for the axle to get all jenky once you unhook those things? i was thinking it might go better into place if i compressed my springs since they got a 2" extension basically maybe its making it harder for the control arm to situate back properly

OOOH, Krelja has a good idea.....

Mopar It, it's always necessary to compress springs, even more if they're lift springs and / or if you use spacers; I normally lift the car by the axle until I get max compression on the spring, then I attach the spring compressor and tighten it; when I then drop the axle, the spring comes out without any problem. Then you can add a spacer or anything you need (your spring will have 3-4" of space to do whatever you need to do, just be VERY careful, I realy don't even want to imagine what can happen if the spring compressor gets loose while manipulating the compressed spring... :O

Put a jack under the track bar mount on the passenger side axle and lift. This will move (rotate) the axle. Another trick is to push on the tire nearest the LCA you're trying to install. Or you can use a large pry bar under the tire. It's really not too hard once you get the hang of it.

alright, lower control arms are still all sorts of messed up. unbolted all my steering components so the only thing holding the axle to the jeep is the coil springs and upper control arms, what else can i do to make the lower control arms bolt up and line up correctly?

if you didn't try using the bottle jack you will kick yourself for unbolting everything when you do it puts it right back in place very easily my .02

The bottle jack is the basic of basic common knowledge. I used the bottle jack to install the RE drop brackets. Now that is a pita!!! Place the base of the bottle jack right above the stock lca pocket and the head on the edge of the coil bucket and slow turn the handle careful. And I mean careful. That's the method I used and it made the work easier.
2nd method, which will need a second person. I'm don't know how safe this, but I've done this twice in past. Mount the lca on the axle side and get the frame side wedge in place. Worry about adjusting later. Put the tires back on and lower the vehicle. DO NOT STOP, BUT PLACE IN NUETRAL. ALSO DOES THIS ON A FLAT SURFACE!!! Now bump the Jeep forward. With the person on the ground lining up the lca, put the bolt through. Relift the vehicle and make your adjustments. I prefer the bottle jack method, but that's up to you. GOOD LUCK.

Tom R. said:
Put a jack under the track bar mount on the passenger side axle and lift. This will move (rotate) the axle. ... It's really not too hard once you get the hang of it.

Ditto. I use this trick a lot (albeit with a floor jack).

Back