• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need bolts 4 UCA and LCA and leafs ASAP

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1996 xj and i had to cut some bolts out. I got the lift and everything is on hold untill i can find the bolts i need i have 1 or 2 of each but i would like to just replace all of them while im at it. I need 4 lower control arm bolts and 4 upper. i also need the leafe bolts 4 leaf bolts where the leaf and shackle bolt to the body. 2 shacke to leaf bolts would be nice to. pleez help i have checked all over sears hardware, home depot and alot of auto and bolt places but they all sell in bulk. Im thinking of buying alot and just selling sets anyone interested

??? i buy all my loose hardware at Home Depot and Lowes. don't know why all you are finding is bulk??? i buy singles all the time at these places. you should be looking for grade 8 hardness - will be kinda brass colored and is the hardest you can get. they are available in the hardware section of the store.

your UCA bolts will be 7/16 x 4" and your LCAs will be 1/2 x 4". the 4" length will generally allow you to use a washer on each side and end up with the nuts about flush. these are slightly thicker than the factory stuff, which is metric, but i've used this setup for years, no prob. mite double check the diameter of the bushings on your new arms first to be sure...

sorry i dont remember the shackle sizes but i believe they are 1/2" also. should be able to measure off what you had easy enuff...

Try Ace Hardware, that's where I bought mine this weekend! I just put in a RE 3.5in Superflex and needed bolts for the exact places. I went to a couple of Ace Hardware places and finally found an Ace Hardware that had them in stock.

Back