• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP 44 and WARN hubs (#20990)

xcmtnbker

NAXJA Forum User
I have a question for you guys who have done a 44 swap in the front of a XJ. I am in the process of building a HP 44 out of a 78' Ford, 3/4 ton, 3" tube, 8-lug. Before I snagged my Warn hubs (premium) #20990 I read on Warn and other sites that stated that you must use a Warn conversion kit for the spindle nuts, a part # 32720?? My questions is did you guys re-use or replace the stock spindle nuts or did you go with the Warn nuts? See the pics below and any advice will be used!

Thanks

Robbie <><

Hubs:
premium_hubs.jpg

Spindle nut kit:
32720.jpg

All I see is red X for the pictures.

I have a HP Dana 44 from a F-250 with the welded on spring perches and thick tubes. I pieced together the outers, starting with Dedenbear knuckles, high steer arms from Rockstomper, factory Ford spindles and nuts with the 1/2 ton 5x5.5 hubs and Dutchman cromo sub shafts with USA Alloy inners.

The Warn premium locking hubs where bolt in.

AARON

I dont have any special spindle nuts on mine. I robbed a set of premium hubs off of my buddies old dana 44 and put them on my 8 lug 44 with no problems at all. Nothing was new, so I dont know if the part happened to have been changed in the past since my axle did not come with hubs at all.

85cherokeechief said:
I dont have any special spindle nuts on mine. I robbed a set of premium hubs off of my buddies old dana 44 and put them on my 8 lug 44 with no problems at all. Nothing was new, so I dont know if the part happened to have been changed in the past since my axle did not come with hubs at all.

Thanks for the info!

85cherokeechief said:

Thanks for the info!

Back