• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locking glove box

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so my glove box has a lock on it, but my keys don't work. Can a locksmitch change the glove box lock to match my other keys. I'd like to have the option of locking it back for securing things properly.

87manche said:
OK, so my glove box has a lock on it, but my keys don't work. Can a locksmitch change the glove box lock to match my other keys. I'd like to have the option of locking it back for securing things properly.

should be able to...or kut a key for it...about $35.00 either way I'd bet

excellent. I've never dealt with the locksmith before, even if I had another key for it I wouldn't mind. Just so long as I don't have to go replacing all the locks.

on mine the button stopped working. it wouldnt pull the left side claw thing in, so it wouldnt open. now it opens and closes without the use of the button.

I locked mine once, and the one time I did so, it was broken into. I would really almost suggest not locking it because especially on the older XJ models like ours, you can almost just grab the top of the glovebox(between it and the dash) and rip it down with your hands. It also breaks the latch assembly then. I'm sure a locksmith will do it though. You could also just troll through a junkyard and try to find an XJ with a key with it. The glovebox lock assembly takes about 20 seconds tops to pop out, and it fits in your pocket. :guitar:

Back