• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

relocation brackets

totalvideo2

NAXJA Forum User
so i need new rear shocks cause mine arent long enough but detours makes a 3.5in shock relocation bracket should i buy a set of these and save some cashflow or eat the bill and get longer shocks?

I liked the detours set up.
Are you sure you need 3 inchs of spacer though? Get the one inch set, forget about ever breaking a rear shock bolt again and adjust your shocks for your flex.

Another thought and its just a thought is do you plan on flexing a lot???? Is this a daily grocery getter that you lifted to make look better. If you dont have the tools to do it yourself, you dont care about flex, and you want to pinch a penny or two then purchased brackets are probably ok. The others are absolutely correct though make them yourself if you can!

i offroad very seldom and anything i do its not real hardcore so 2.5in relocation brackets u think will give me the flex in the rear im lookin for?

You bet!! You will probably not ever even notice however i am not saying it is the best way it is indeed the cheapest and it will be fine as long as you understand it wont be perfect.
First how much are the brackets???
If it was me and i didnt want to spend a lot i would shop ebay pretty hard because you can find shocks pretty cheap!!
Also to save money i would not be afraid to purchase used shocks if i was trying to pinch money rather than buying brackets. Shocks will show the wear especially in the bushings so take a really good look at them and ask a lot of questions.

FYI for others who may tear me up for this post - this is if you are trying to save money and you dont care a lot about flex!!!!

Back