• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom rear shock mount pics? anyone?

fuzzydog

NAXJA Forum User
I just put an 8.8 in my XJ and so my shock mounting options are unlimited - ie. I have to fab something.

right now the 8.8 has shock mounts at tube level facing forward on the vehicle. these won't work with the stock shock location/upper mounts.

So I saw a pic of a crossbar hoop for the upper mounts which I really like and will try to fab my own. Just wondering if anyone else has some pics of what they or someone else has done to mount rear shocks?

If you still have the mounts from your rear sway bar, you can use them as upper shock mounts if you add a support plate the top side. I am doing the same thing this weekend. I was going to use carriage bolts down from the top so I will have a smooth surface.

You may have to move the axle mounting bracket, or weld a bolt on. Not the best option, but I haven't broken one...yet. I am planning on changing this as well this weekend.
2152649706_d1d053878f.jpg

hope he didn't put the 8.8 build on hold waiting for a reply.

Back