• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems with Power Acc. Wires in Door Boot?

dumbagain

NAXJA Forum User
how many people have had problems with wires wearing out in the door boot or hinge area?
i know that the door speaker wires are notorious for going out and i have replaced that, but i was wondering if the power locks, mirrors, and wire wires are also a concern.

my windows have stopped working. i took out the switch and saw alot of carbon on the contacts so i figured the switch was bad. got a used switch coming to me today, but was wondering if this isn't the prob maybe the wires are.

anyone have this problem before? did you run new wires or can you buy a harness?

I have had the same problem. There is a wire I have to wiggle to get the connection back to roll the windows up. I don't beleive you can buy a harness for that but I could be wrong.

I'm in the middle of a temp. solution to the door speaker problem that you mentioned, and thats a common problem.

As far as the windows, are they not working at all, or not working on every switch except the drivers door switches? If they all DONT work except the drivers door switches, that would be your lock out switch, which is also very common to go bad on the later model XJ's......mine is doing it too. For now, i can just tap the back of the switch panel once while who ever is riding with me holds the switch in the desired position they want the window to go, and it will start working again.

Search around on here, there is a write up on how to bypass the switch, and it involves soldering a jumper wire....the write up is a microsoft word doc. If you can't find it let me know, I have it saved on my computer and i'll be happy to send it to you.

well let the fun begin....

my power windows will not move, my power locks and power mirrors work.
i took out the switch and inspected it. i saw some carbon on the contacts that looked like a short-out so i figured i'd try a new switch.

just got the switch in the mail, hooked it up, and now only the locks work with that switch (it won't run the mirrors).
gonna send back the switch.

are there and fuses in panel or engine compartment that deal directly with power windows?
other than that i am going to have to check the wire harnesses and get back to you on this one.

Back