• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95XJ Cylinder head Swap onto 99WJ block

pred8tr

NAXJA Forum User
I am preparing to put a 99WJ engine into my 95XJ. I am planning to install the 95XJ head on the 99WJ engine and port and polish it and get a valve job done.

I removed the head from my 95XJ 4.0 that was toast. To my amazement there was a big CHUNK taken out of one of my pistons. WTF?

I removed my rocker bridges, rocker arms, fulcrums, and push rods and now I need to check them for damage. I know that I need to look for cracks on the rockers and the fulcrums and I need to ensure that the push rods are straight but is that the extent of the checking I need to do? Is it a better idea for me to plan on using the push rods, rockers, and fulcrums from the 99 head? If so what does that entail? Assuming I continue to use the rockers and push rods from the 95 head can I clean them safely with green scrubby and degreaser?

Back