• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I guess I can join the club

Ackattack

NAXJA Forum User
While its not an XJ, I guess its a little closer to an XJ than my ZJ is :)

I bought "Workaholic's" MJ tonight. It needs a little work (rear main seal, lower control arm bushings, and brakes) but I'm thinking I'll have it back on the road by this weekend.

For now it's just going to be a beater truck, as my 72 GMC is out of commission for about the next 2 years while I do a frame off restoration. Eventually the MJ will probably get built up in to a 37" tire mud slinging beast :yelclap: But for now, it will be good just to have it on the road. Hopefully I can scrounge together used parts for it as I come across them.

Sweet!

Sweet deal on the MJ. Another money pit. :D

Now, about that '72. Short bed? 1/2 ton?

My first vehicle was a '72 C10. Longbed, lowered 4" front, 6" rear, 350, auto. The body wasn't the best, but ran great and was reliable. Sadly, I lost interest in it and sold it. :(

I still got some parts for those year of trucks, if you need anything.

Here is a pic of it.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/12GaugeXJ/Other%20crap/100_2100-2.jpg

CanMan said:
My first vehicle was a '72 C10. Longbed, lowered 4" front, 6" rear
every time someone lowers a truck god kills a kitten

CanMan said:
What else do ya do with a 2wd 1/2 ton? :anon:

haul girls in the back?...

Well, I'm going to make it into a short bed. Right now its a long bed with leaf springs, but I'm going to get a long bed coil spring frame and cut it down to a shortbed lenghth. Then it will be on air bags with a 400+HP engine. Right now it has a TPI 350 with a 700R4 in it.

Here's a pic

DSC00349.jpg

Ackattack said:
Well, I'm going to make it into a short bed. Right now its a long bed with leaf springs, but I'm going to get a long bed coil spring frame and cut it down to a shortbed lenghth. Then it will be on air bags with a 400+HP engine. Right now it has a TPI 350 with a 700R4 in it.

Here's a pic

DSC00349.jpg

Nice truck, i had a 72' short bed slammed w/ corvette 350hp 327 in it.
Body was green and primer, but she ran like a bat outa hell.

Sean

DrSockMonkey said:
Oh gees, I don't wanna feel left out. I also had a 72 GMC with a SBC400. 4 headlights are better than 2 :)

Heh, I had a '72 GMC, 350 4-speed, in high school. Did great burn-outs.

Ackattack said:
what does a red name mean? You're a member of NAXJA? Is that how you get a signature too?

yup means you are a paying member. It's completely worth it considering it funds the site and with all the tech info you can get here it pays for itself very quickly. I think it paid for itself before I got my membership

Well OK,I had a 63 Chev,started as a 6 cyl .4 speed short narrow bed.after the 283 I put in died then came the 360 hp 396 what a launcher and fun one that was.Later came the 72 3/4 ton big block 400 .what a camper hauler and 4x4 tower that was. and to the list of Bowtie trucks was a 73 with a 454 and an 88 with a 350.
67 elcamino my first brand new vehicle.
Saw a couple of early 70`s lately and thought about getting another.

Back