• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross enterprises rear shock hoop, problems...

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I have no idea what year XJ this was designed around, but it wasn't a 97+. So here it is:

cross2.jpg

It mounts with the upper tabs going forward. The outter sides mount to the swaybar mounts and the upper tabs go where you inner rear seatbelt bolts are. Only one issue:

cross.jpg

What about thise giant black box, lol? and I am not sure it will even clear this anywyas:

cross3.jpg

So anyone running this on a 97+ XJ? What did you have to do to get this to bolt up?

Also, I have to cut off my exhaust, if I cut it off right after the muffler, will the muffler sag down?

Last edited:
Zach, don't worry, it's a worthless peice of metal.....sooo, just send it to me!! Seriously though, the tabs are supposed to bolt to the seat belt bolts and there was a few picts in a thread a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find the thread now....hell I can't find any threads now, they seemed to have dissapeared....

Okay found this pic, so looks like 1 of 3 isses is solved, I just got to drill a hole in the tab for the black box to mount.

100_1850.jpg

as for clearing the bracket by the driverside swaybar mount its gonna be close.

and still got to figure where to mount an exhaust hanger right after the muffler since its all getting chopped off.

Damn, too quick for me, I was just about to post it....guess you found the post.

53guy said:
Damn, too quick for me, I was just about to post it....guess you found the post.

Yeah, I just hope the guy that took these pics will log on by Friday, lol. I need some answers. Well atleast by this point I ma never surprised to spend $$ on a product and still need to spend more $$ and time to get it to work, lol. :gee:

JKS BPE's suck donky balls.. Seriously are a pain in the butt to put in and change. I guess they're not soooo hard, but definately a pain in the butt overall. The benefit of the shock hoop is the fact that there is an external bolt that makes the shock VERY easy to install and remove.

53guy said:
JKS BPE's suck donky balls.. Seriously are a pain in the butt to put in and change. I guess they're not soooo hard, but definately a pain in the butt overall. The benefit of the shock hoop is the fact that there is an external bolt that makes the shock VERY easy to install and remove.

have you not seen this post? or are you talking about the smaller unit bpes

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=904214

All you need to do is drill a new hole for the box.
I have haven't had any clearance problems with it.
Hope this picture helps....
shockhoop001.jpg

I also had to relocate the brake line mount.
As for the exhaust, I have a friend who owns a performance shop who made me a new tailpipe.
shockhoop003.jpg

I am looking at running this setup on mine and have a couple questions.

What shocks and valving did you guys go with and how do you like the setup? Did it change to on road or off road handling much?

So, if you were to raise your shock mounts on your rear axle (above the scraping point) then this hoop wouldn't work, would it? Because when you move the lower mounts, the uppers need to be moved also to retain any suspension travel.

RenegadeStang said:
So, if you were to raise your shock mounts on your rear axle (above the scraping point) then this hoop wouldn't work, would it? Because when you move the lower mounts, the uppers need to be moved also to retain any suspension travel.
Just run shorter travel shocks. Because the shocks are mounted at an angle they also need less travel then ones which are mounted vertical.

Starboard M said:
Just run shorter travel shocks. Because the shocks are mounted at an angle they also need less travel then ones which are mounted vertical.

But wouldn't shorter travel shocks mean just that? Less travel? Not trying to be a d!ck, but I'm putting a lift on my XJ for a reason.

Yes and no,by laying the shocks over you make them "effectively" longer,but you also make them "effectively" softer!

Back