• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone tried DeeZee Running Boards?

tyurek

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried these DeeZee running boards on their XJ?
I want to upgrae my 2000 XJ with OME suspension and 31"
tires while not making it any harder to climb into the vehicle
to keep dear wife happy. I don't like the look of running boards
much so I'm looking for a unit that looks "handsome" and came
across these:

http://accessory-center.com/prod.plx/30/5136/804?f1=JEEP&f4=2000&f2=Cherokee

If anybody is using or has seen these untis, your input about
how good they look/function and their build quality is appreciated.
If anyone can link a picture of them installed on an XJ, you
would make my day.

Thanks,
-tolga

If you do ANY wheeling with your rig or EVER plan to, that $300 worth of plastic will get shredded off the sides of your XJ. If it's just a street unit might be okay.
Not my cup of tea as they look kinda cheesy and will make your XJ unhappy with you. lol
If it's so your wife can get in easier, maybe a set of 2x4 rock rails. They won't crack when you wack'em, make a great step and make your XJ look like it works out at the gym, for close to the same cost, maybe cheaper.

I took mine off. (Jeep was originally my mothers, stock, see my signature for changes). Will hopefully be replacing them with some good rock rails.

I only used the running boards to stand on when washing the top. Even my short (5' 1") wife didn't use the running boards to get in. If we stepped on the boards getting in, it seemed like a long ways down to sit into the seat, so was very awkward.

i agree, there are companies that make rock rails for less than that that will not only
look better
protect better

but some also stick out further so as to be used as a sort of step like runners

imho dont get these, if you wheel it theyll come right off, or crack and look ugly
besides a 2 inch budget and 31s wont be too bad to get into not bad enough for 300 dollars of plastic i think

edit, i see they are alluminum, which means shatter if you bash them, alluminum (parts that ive seen) usuall cracks when bashed instead of denting. besides i doubt they are that strong anyway

lol, easier approach...teach the wife to jump... =) I've got about 6.5" and 35's and the wife drives it quite often and I haven't bothered getting rails yet. I think that 31's and 2" would be crazy easy to get into, but that's just me.

I have about 3.5" of lift with 31s and there is not that much difference from stock, except in getting in the back seat, but I drive so not my problem. I am also 6'3" so I wouldn't notice too much if there was a difference.

Back