• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need 1" in the back

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a 3" RC lift with AAL. Its fine but the problem is that the truck sits 1" lower in the back. I can clearly see why. The second leaf (stock) ends about 8" from the shakel and the main leaf in bendin downwards. I was thinking of getting a main leaf of a XJ in the scarp yard and ad it under my main. The ride is ok for now but I plan on doing a lot of camping and carrying a hitch basket (for boat motor ) or bike rack.
If I ad an extra main leaf (ends cut), will the ride still be ok and allow me to load a little more in the truck. Should I spot wasting time on an ad on and get a full pack: will the full pack handle the weigh? Please no RE suggestion I know they exist but for 4X$

I grabbed a set of leafs off of an old dodge dakota in the junk yard and cut the eye's off the main leaves. Took off the overload and swapped them in place off my stock leaves, leaving the stock main leaf in place. Works like a charm since the dakota main minus eyes fits just to the ends of the stock main. Mine sits at about 6" since I put the old rough country add a leaf back in, but it should get you between 3 and 4 without it.

shittay non-full-length AAL!

XJ main leaf, S10, dakota, whatever, should fix the problem.

Back