• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff's side mount shock tabs??

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone used these yet instead of the JKS shock mounts?? I like the idea and hell... they're half the cost of the JKS' tabs (no hardware though) Maybe that alone is $25??

Building out the rear 44 and am looking at all options before I collect parts and go to the welder.

Dan @ RS, you are more than welcome to chime in with your comments.

BTW I'd be willing to sign a release for your insurance company for a set of those XJ D44 bolt on caliper brackets. :D You'll get a nice photo write up on em too. Right here in beautiful, downtown NAXJAVILLE

I've always had good luck with just welding a bolt to the axle tube. Haven't had one break, and you can't beat the clearance (and the cost!).

I prefer a short piece of 2" angle with a bolt run though one side and welded (parallel to one side of the angle and perpendicular to the other) then welded to the tube. Cheap, w/
mad.gif
clearance and i would think it'd be a little stronger than just welding a bolt.
Billy

Back